Wednesday, March 5, 2008

the church is full of humans

I may not be aged, but I’ve seen many things. I served in many churches in different capacities and this is what I know. Traditional, contemporary, city, or country.. church is church. People come together in the name of Jesus for the purpose of adoration to the King and to build each other up through encouragement and instruction. Every church (and by church, I mean every congregation) has one serious flaw, however. All churches are made up of people and I’m one of them - as flawed as anybody else.

I’ve been to churches where leaders actually tore people down. I pray daily for those (who will remain nameless) to turn back to the intentions of Christ and His church.

If you dig deep enough, you will find that every group of humans has failed someone somewhere somehow, but true love never fails

peace, -tg

2 comments:

Liz said...

Amen, Thom. I pray for those nameless leaders as well, having witnessed the same. Praise God for forgiveness and grace, of which I am the recipient of. Our Redeemer is just that - REDEEMER! He bestows on us a crown of beauty instead of ashes!
Keep on walking with Him!

Liz said...

I suspect you may think that I was referring to SCC, which I was not. I did not post that comment on Steve's blog.